Tuesday - January 1, 2019
The club's 2019 train show schedule is firm for the first half of the calendar year. Look for an e-mail from me kicking off our club 2019 activities with details on the show trains below. The e-mail will also include the 2019 club calendar which is about 90% complete and I hope to distribute it out this weekend.
Trains shows in consideration for the second half of 2019 are still in the works. As an examples, we haven't heard yet if the Rocky Mountain Hobby Expo will return in 2019. I'm also still hammering out details for the TCA show next November in Loveland.
- Great Train Show February 2-3, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO
- Rails In The Rockies February 16-17, 2019 Estes Park, CO
- Rocky Mountain Train Show (TCA) March 2-3, 2019 Denver, CO
- Sherman Hill Train Show May 18-19, 2019 Cheyenne, WY.
Colorado & Great Western Modular Railroad
Sunday - July 1, 2018
Starting this year, the club created an Annual Membership Survey which gives us the opportunity to hear from all of the members at once to gauge the satisfaction of membership with the direction of the club. The thought is that the more we listen, the more we can do to make the club an exceptional place.
This year’s Survey opened on Saturday, April 7th and runs through May 12th. Here are a couple of highlights from the survey worth sharing:
Other interesting tidbits were shared through the comments of those who responded to the survey that the favorite show of the group is the Rails in the Rockies train show although it was the poorest attended show in 2018. We also heard clearly that we need to build more modules replacing older modules and creating industries and places to switch
- The overall satisfaction with the club scored a 4.73 out of 5
- Responses to the surveyrated the value of the club dues 4.64 out of 5
- Confidence in the Club Officers and Board of Trustees managing the club scored a 4.91 out of 5
- Satisfaction with Club Activities scored a 4.73 out of 5
You can read the full survey results in the report available here. On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I want to thanks those who participated in the survey allowing us to gained valuable insight into what’s working well and where we can improve.